The historic centre of of Beloyarsk

1 image in project from
PauseSlideshow

Place: Russia, Altai Krai, Beloyarsk Client: Administration of the working village Beloyarsk

Project team:Director- Anisiforov P.I., Architect - Antonova T.V., Skryagina E.V.

Project history:

It was founded in 1717 as a Fort on the right Bank of the Ob river by Kuzmin. Beloyarsk began with the Beloyarsk fortress, which existed until 1763, then was dismantled as unnecessary. She stood at the mouth of the river Cheremshanka, in place of the current neighborhood.

Historian G. F. Miller in 1734, about Beloyarskaya fortress: "Beloyarskaya fortress was built in the Kuznetsk sent here by the Cossacks. Located about 120 versts below the Bikatoon fortress on a straight road on the North-Eastern Bank of the Ob river, which is very high and consists of white clay, from which the fortress got its name. From Kuznetsk to here 268 miles. The position of the fortress is very favorable. On both sides it is surrounded by obyu, which makes a turn here, and on the third — by swamps, small lakes and floods of the Ob in this lowland area. The construction consists of a quadrangular palisade, each side of which is 20 fathoms, with combat towers at the corners and another tower above the gates of the fortress from the side, where it has an approach. These towers have artillery of 2 three-pound and 3 small iron guns, the caliber of which is not specified. Outside with one hand raised in front of the gate of the slingshot. The clerk's house, the ship's hut and shops are the only buildings in the fortress. However, outside it, at the bottom near the river, many private houses were built together with the Church dedicated to the Holy apostles Peter and Paul. Around them, from the Bank of the river to the above-mentioned low watered place, there is a bypass wooden wall of logs laid on each other and stakes hammered between them. The inhabitants are for the most part belomestny Cossacks, which also serves as a garrison of the fortress. The district of Beloyarsk includes 34 villages, some of which are located above and below the fortress on the North-Eastern Bank of the Ob and on the small rivers flowing into it here, and the other, most of them — on both banks of the Chumysh river, from its mouth and 120 versts from the Ob by land. The mouth of the river Chumysh is at a distance of about 50-60 miles from Beloyarsk."

More projects in Historical research